Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Peace and Love


















Fair trade is an exciting way to shop, not only are you likely supporting a group of independent artisans, but often your dollars go to fund U.S. based charities.

For $58 you can show your support for peace by buying this Dogeared brand peace bracelet.

It’s nice. Dogeared makes some wonderful jewelry. But for $24 not only can you show you are down with peace, but also support a worker’s collective in Nepal, a microgrant for a woman in Africa, and your dollars vote for fair trade.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t have a lot of money right now. When I have $24 and I want make it stretch, and if possible, multitask. Yes, when I'm feeling poor I set up some high expectations for what little I got. My little bit of money starts feeling overwhelmed with the pressure because I push it too hard. I’m a pusher.

This Amy Khan designed bracelet is as multitasking as an iPhone and I know some of you waited in line for that!


No comments: